Mesh functionality on powerline adapters - any chance ? SOLVED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-19 08:24:16 - last edited 2021-02-21 07:41:27

I'm using tp-link a7 as a main router in my two floor house. To extend the reach to a remote room I bought two years ago a tl-wpa7510 kit because of a promise for mesh functionality in the near future.

Now the promise is not anymore on your site and I bought a tl-wpa8631p kit because on the box and at your site is written it's a mesh device. But according to tpplc app and the device itself , the mesh functionality is not there.

By the way if somebody is interested the tl-wpa7510 was delivering better results in my case then tl-wpa8631p.

Any chance we will get it mesh on powerline adapters anytime ? or it's time to switch to more reliable vendor?

Ivan 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mesh functionality on powerline adapters - any chance ?
2021-02-19 21:59:29

@ivalkov 

If the device is not listed on the OneMesh site there likely will not be a OneMesh release for it. The current status of the 8631P mentions it is still planned.

https://www.tp-link.com/bg/onemesh/product-list/

Options
Re:Mesh functionality on powerline adapters - any chance ?
2021-02-20 03:20:17

@Tony  That is exactly my point. Two years ago I bought the 7510 because of the promise of MESH functionality. Now this it is not mentioned any more. On the box of 8631 is written that it has Mesh. And this is not true.....

Options
SOLVED
2021-02-21 08:03:51

@ivalkov I HAVE NO EXPLANATION BUT IF SOMEBODY IS CONCERNED 

after some test and many attempts fo0r a clean installation I was convinced that 8631p has no MESH functionality ( as tpplc and the device itself told me so . Actually they were telling me that my router (a7) has no MESH. The router itself was telling that it can see my MESH devices - I have a extender Re505 too ).

So I decided simply to optimize my network. I started with renaming the WiFi network on the router. the next step was to use different channels for the WiFi on the second floor 

and on the first floor. As soon as I did this tpplc proposed to join the MESH ? AND IT WORKED!  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 710

Replies: 3

Related Articles