Internet in the house but not able in shop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-21 18:56:13
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 12345

I purchased this to try to extend our home's wifi to my shop 100' away.  All on same meter, but different fuse panels.  Works fine when the receiving unit is in the house.  But go out to the shop and of course the wifi works but the home led light does not light up, indicating to me that no internet signal is making it out there.  Is this simply not going to work?

I don't know hardware or firmware version currently

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet in the house but not able in shop
2021-02-23 21:53:50

@turboracer1320 

With powerlines, it is a case of the signal being able to see the other device or not depending on location.

If there happens to be other electrical outlets I would try any available. If not, then a powerline solution may not work. 

An alternative is to use a range extender or an outdoor AP unit like the EAP225-Outdoor.

Options
Re:Internet in the house but not able in shop
2021-02-26 20:20:22

@turboracer1320 When you say different panels, that is probably the key. Depending on how the panels are wired, jumping to a different panel frequently does not work with powerline networking.

Options