Connecting to wifi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-24 22:31:42
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Please excuse me if this is a very simple question....but do I need to connect my devices to the wifi extender directly or do I just leave them connected to the wifi network? When I view the wifi networks available, I don't see the RE220 on there and on the tether app I don't see any clients connected to the RE220. 

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting to wifi extender
2021-02-26 23:38:30

@Alchemy 

I think what you may have is the extender is named the same as your main router, and what is happening is the available wireless devices are still connecting to the router. A wireless device will switch depending on what the device itself determines, either signal strength or until the signal is gone. 

If you know you have wireless devices near the extender, but yet they still are connected to the main router, change the extended wireless network name to be different from your router so you will know which network is which.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 1

Related Articles