Appliances dropping from extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-25 19:09:30 - last edited 2021-02-25 19:12:33
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I have a Kenmore Elite Washer and Dryer with smart connectivity. I've never been able to keep either appliance online even after placing the extender right next to the appliances. I even recently changed out the WiFi module thinking that may be the problem and I still have the same issue. These appliances will only connect to a 2.4 GHz network and I was thinking that the "high speed mode" (where it automatically disables one of its wireless bands to speed up the other) may be the problem. I turned that to manual where the extender to client is 2.4 GHz only and the appliances still dropped from WiFi. My extender is placed an appropriate distance from the router and gets good signal and the extender is right next to the appliances. Does anyone know anything else I should try? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Appliances dropping from extender
2021-03-01 22:55:55

@AmyB 

Make sure your router has a different wireless name from each band so everything is unique or else your dryer might keep trying to connect to your router even though your extender is close.

For example:

Router:

2.4G: mywifi

5G: mywifi-5G

Extender:

2.4G: mywifi-ext

5G: mywifi-5G-ext

that way there is no confusion about which network is what for the device or dryer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 1