Votes

Deco M3W - show which clients are connected, show signal strength to source, anchor client to 1 AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Deco M3W - show which clients are connected, show signal strength to source, anchor client to 1 AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-04 02:19:05
Model: Deco M3W  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

New Deco M3W (2 of them) in AP mode.  Source Deco is an M4R.  The M3W Decos are Firmware 1.0.6 Build 20201013 Rel 22614.

Neither the App nor the browser management interface show which clients are connected to the M3W units, nor do they show the source signal strength for these Decos.  The app merely reports Deco Health Check, Deco is working well.  How am I supposed to tell if they are placed optimally or which clients are connected to which M3W?  (The M4R main Deco does show the client list and how each of its clients are connected.)

It would be ideal if I could manually anchor specific non-roaming clients to specific access points.  Specifically...

I have two wifi security cameras on the mesh.  Every time I use the microwave, my doorbell camera loses connection to the network until the microwave has stopped running.  I would like to force the doorbell cam to connect to one specific deco and not roam.  In that way, I would be able to test optimal placement of the access points and overcome the interference issue.

Is there a way to do that - anchor a client to a specific acces point and prevent it from roaming?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M3W - show which clients are connected, show signal strength to source, anchor client to 1 AP
2021-03-05 18:35:13

@ExTechjunkie 

If you tap on a given device, it should indicate which unit it is connected to.

Options
Re:Deco M3W - show which clients are connected, show signal strength to source, anchor client to 1 AP
2021-03-05 19:25:21

@Tony 

That's my point. It SHOULD do that, but it doesn't. 

When I tap the gear icon of a device connected to either of the M3W units, the value under Linked Deco reads, Unavailable for current firmware. 

Tony wrote

@ExTechjunkie 

If you tap on a given device, it should indicate which unit it is connected to.

Options
2021-03-10 22:03:26 - last edited 2021-03-10 22:14:03

@ExTechjunkie 

You mentioned AP Mode for the Deco M3W, is your network mesh network set for AP Mode or Router Mode?

Additionally, would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the message?

Options
2021-03-10 22:21:30

@Tony 

Mesh network is set for access point mode. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 883

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.