Lower PLC-to-VGSL Interference Mode keeps resetting to ON after switching off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-05 16:34:25
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_902103_180511_903

I have four of these adapters and one of them will not retain the "OFF" setting for the tpPLC software control of the advance feature "Lower PLC-to-VGSL Interference Mode". 

I tried changing this setting from the factory default of "OFF" to "ON" to see if it would help with some network stability issues.  There was no change. 

So I wanted to use the tpPLC software to switch this setting back to "OFF". 

I can switch it to "OFF", but if I open the setting control dialogue window again it is back "ON"... tried several times switching it off ... always responds with "Saved" and then when I reopen the window the control switch indicates it is "ON"... tried resetting the adapter using the tpPLC software switch to "reset factory defaults" but when I check the "Lower PLC-to-VGSL Interference Mode" setting it still indicates "ON",,, hmm ?   Any ideas ???

thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Lower PLC-to-VGSL Interference Mode keeps resetting to ON after switching off
2021-03-08 18:51:59

@BJDinNC 

There is a tpPLC smartphone app, if you install that, and try to reset the powerline adapter that way does the feature remain off?

Options
Re:Lower PLC-to-VGSL Interference Mode keeps resetting to ON after switching off
2021-03-09 18:51:09 - last edited 2021-03-09 18:51:54

@Tony 

Hi Tony,

Thanks for replying with your idea.  I have the wired TL-PA9020 V3 adapters that connect to my several desktop computers via cat5 cable.and their wired ethernet adapters.  I believe the smartphone tpPLC app only has access to the TP-Link Powerline Adapters that offer wireless access.  So I believe I cannot try your suggestion.

Options
2021-03-10 23:44:20

@BJDinNC 

I realized my system had a wireless adapter so that could be.

What is the tpPLC app that you downloaded? Or where from?

Options
2021-03-24 18:19:18

@BJDinNC 

Having the same issue with my TL-PA9020 KIT V1.   Using the latest firmware and utility from the product download page.   Any ideas??   Now getting half the connecton rate as before.   Always reverts back to enabled on both no matter how many times I disable.

Options
2021-03-24 18:29:39

@BJDinNC 

Was using the latest Windows version of the utility app which has this issue.   Ended up downloading the older Mac version and was able to disable the setting without issue and speeds are back to where they were.  Definately an issue with the latest Windows version.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 5