Votes

Make the Deco M9 plus survive loss of internet without resulting in complete local network outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Make the Deco M9 plus survive loss of internet without resulting in complete local network outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-06 11:18:28
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 build 20201211 rel. 42330

Hi,

So far (including using current fw) the moment the internet connection is lost the DECO router will immediately go offline and the led turn red which in turn make to complete local network go offline.

Surely there must be a way of making this router a bit more robust to mitigate this behavior as we as users can't always control the WAN side of our networks.

In my case I have both the cable modem (in bridge mode), DECO router and a computer connected to a UPS which "saves" me from losing any part of the setup in that aspect during a power outage. The other computers and network connected devices is not on UPS.

But I can't control when my cable internet provider decides to perform maintenance or experience power loss somewhere in the core network at any time which results in loss of WAN IP (with the cable modem still powered on I might add) and make the entire network unusable until the cable modem receive a new WAN ip to provide to the DECO router to bring it up again.

I would also like to see a more decentralized approach for the configuration of the units so we can also use them offline at least in some manner. A local backup of the configuration plus the ability to restore from it would be most useful.

This and the fact that I can't even access the DECO router at this time is quite frustrating and is by far the biggest shortcoming of this product, at least for me.

My other option is to revert back to using the cable modem as router and use the DECOs as APs mainly to be used for wifi access only which would be a shame.

Any effort into making this more robust is very much appreciated and feel free to contact me if you need additional clarification of my user case.

BR, M

Options
1 Reply
Re:Make the Deco M9 plus survive loss of internet without resulting in complete local network outage
2021-03-08 22:51:01

@MartinJo 

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding our Deco system.

We are always forwarding any feedback good or back to our devs and this will be too.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 739

Replies: 1

Voters 1