Extender and router all one name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-09 22:00:29
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: latest

I have attached an RE505X extender to my AX6000 router.  At first it didn't create a mesh.  I had to change routers when I changed rooms.  I restored factory settings on both and now I THINK it's working, but I have questions:  (My network is called ECCO)

1.  Before I set this network up the second time I used to see ECCO and ECCO_Ext.  Now I only see ECCO.  There is no ECCO_Ext when I search for available networks if I'm either close to the extender or close to the router.  Is this because they have meshed?

2.  I don't see ECCO_5G as I did before when I search for wi fi networks, however I do see both 5G and 2.5G on the Tether app.

3.  The extender does not appear in the Tether app.

Finally, one more bit of information:  as I have 75/75 mbps service and my apartment has fiber optic plugs throughout, after connecting my extender to my router I plug it directly into the fiber optic plug.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Extender and router all one name
2021-03-15 21:31:36

@Bami 

Reference the LED lights on the extender to verify if it is actually connected. If your Tether app does not see the extender, then it may not be connected to the router. I would recommend factory resetting the extender (hold the reset button while plugged into the outlet for 15 seconds), then using the Tether app to set up the device. That way you can name the extender's extended network to be what you would prefer it to be: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1373/

Options
Re:Extender and router all one name
2021-03-16 08:31:14

@Tony  Thanks Tony.  Actually, it just took about a day and the extender became visible on the Tether app and is working well.  One question though - when looking for the router or extender on any device I only see one name - the name of the network.  I don't see the extender separately and I don't see 2.5 and 5 g separately on the router or the extender.  This is actually more convenient and seems to be more a real mesh network this way, but I just wanted to be sure that this is normal and doesn't indicate that I've set it up wrong.  Thanks again.

Options