Connect to RING Spotlight Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-10 14:34:08
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 200923 Rel.57191n

I bought this extender to increase wi-fi quality to an outside RING Spotlight Camera. The extender is set up with full signal 4 metres from the outside camera. It is picking up all Clients near it except the Ring camera. 5 calls to TP Support have failed to get a solution. Probably as much my fault as theirs since they seem to assume that all users have a degree in IT. I most certaly do not!

I have tried all ways to connect; Tether app, WPS, PC with ethernet cable but nothing works. Many hours wasted on this so any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect to RING Spotlight Camera
2021-03-15 21:59:24

@Tommac 

You want the extender to be in the same room as the router when you initially configure the device. Once the setup is complete it is saved so you can move the extender after.

Plug in the extender and look at the LED light to determine the status of the device. You mentioned four bars so if the power light was light, Wi-Fi, and at least three or more signal lights on, then the device is already configured. 

If you look at your wireless network, and you still only see your original Wi-Fi name, then the extender is using the same name of your router so only one name appears. 

It would be best to make sure the extender has a different network name by using the Tether app. Since you already have it downloaded, connect your phone to your router, then open the Tether app. The extender should find the device and list it.

If you plug in the extender into the same room of the router and only the Wi-Fi and power light are on, factory reset the device by holding the reset pinhole below the device for 15 seconds. After the extender reboots, it will begin broadcasting the default TP-Link wireless network. Use the Tether app to then configure the device: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1373/

The extender uses the same wireless password any of your wireless devices would use to connect to your Wi-Fi so it would be best to verify the password being given to the extender is correct. To do that, forget the wireless network of your router, and connect back to it. It will prompt you for the wireless password, enter the password to verify you have the correct one so when you reach Step 4 in the Tether setup that is where the password would be entered.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1462

Replies: 1