Votes

Access control list to auto block new devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-13 16:59:43
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20201202 rel.76564(5553)

The access control list works great as of now for allowing devices, but one major flaw is that it auto allows any new device that connects to the network until you manually black list it.

What is the point of a security feature that lets the gate be wide open until it is manually shut?

I don't want to login into the device every day to verify the 30+ devices on my network.

Please add the auto block new devices option, and when something new is not working I can login into the network and unblock it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Access control list to auto block new devices
2021-03-15 22:50:22

@Ein 

What you want in that case is to select the Whitelist option so any device connecting to the router would be blocked unless it has been added to the authorized list.

If you have blacklist selected then the router will allow all devices to connect, unless added to the blacklist.

Options
Re:Access control list to auto block new devices
2021-04-14 17:09:29

@Tony 

thank you, the white list does not clearly show that, and also when I turn the feature on, it is unclear whether all current connected devices are white listed or not. From how its working it seems that is the case.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1352

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.