Extension

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extension

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extension
Extension
2021-03-16 07:32:10
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

My ps5 is connected to the tether. But at the same time it says it's connected to my xfinity wifi, I have the xfinity wifi app so I decided to pause the tether since it's linked to the wifi and my ps5 is still connected to the wifi. So I'm wondering is my ps5 really connected to tether? I pause the ps5 from the xfinity wifi and just leave it connected to the boost and my ps5 says it lost connection. first 2 weeks I've had no problem no lags but all of the sudden it's like I'm not even getting a boost no more, I lag in my games and time out. I do have the tether app and it says my ps5 is also connected to it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extension
2021-03-19 15:33:08

@Neto_duh17 

I would recommend factory defaulting the extender by holding the reset pinhole for 15 seconds. Use the Tether app to configure the extender, but during the setup change the extended network to be different from your Xfinity Wi-Fi. 

Here is a link that will show the setup: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Once the extender is set up with a different network name, you can then know which network is your extender and which is the Xfinity Wi-Fi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 1

Related Articles