Which is a Better Extender for Spectrum Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-20 13:20:01 - last edited 2021-03-21 12:52:12
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I currently have a RE220 extender, that I have attached to a home surveillance system, that has a NVR with it's own WiFi. .  I also have a few Roko video systems that run off of my home WiFi network. I have a Spectrum modem/router that is a DVW32CB. My house a a ranch style, and the router is on the far end of my house, that cannot be moved. The RE220 extender is currently in the middle of my house. It is there to be able to connect my I phone up to the surveillance cameras. The Roko I have on the far end of my house, is connected to this RE 220 extender. I keeps losing internet connection for short periods of time. 

I also have a TL-WR940N router that I am not currently using. #1: Can I / should I , replace the RE220 with this WR940n? Will this supply more connectivity to my Roko? 

#2: If not, would running a Cat 5 or 6 cable from my Spectrum Modem/router to the 1/2 point of the house and attaching it to this WR940n, help with strengthening this signal?

Would either scenario work, and which one would be better?

I am pulling my hair out to get all this to work at the same time. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank You

Options
1 Reply
Re: Which is a Better Extender for Spectrum Router
2021-03-23 17:39:17

@RickaSetter 

You can set up the TL-WR940N to act like an extender by setting up WDS Bridge.

Here is an article that will show you how: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1385/

Once the router is set up, anything connected to it via Wi-Fi or hardwired should get a network connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 662

Replies: 1