connecting smart plug to my home net work fails?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-21 15:49:49
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I own 3 plugs and have been trying for two 1/2 unsuccessful days to connect one of them to my home 2G network.  TP-Link chat support  advises it may be a congested router problem - go to a different channel. ISP support advises that's not the problem. Router is OK. I disabled my 5G network  and tried again - and failed.  Each plug has been reset over and over. Kasa App has been Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still won't connect. Don't know what else to to do.Please help if you can.

Options
3 Reply
Re:connecting smart plug to my home net work fails?
2021-03-21 20:17:48
a quick update: I am now able to get as far as naming my device eg. lamp. And when I do the App tells me "something went wrong". ???
Options
2021-03-25 16:53:17

@littleneil 

The Apple device may be automatically switching over to your Wi-Fi network, as you do the setup check your Wi-Fi to make sure you are still connected to the plug. If you happen to have another smartphone try the setup on that.

Options
2021-03-27 23:41:54

@littleneil had same problem until I typed the password into my network instead of using auto login

Options