Re605X one in mesh and one as access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 03:14:38
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the Archer ax6000 router in the basement, a RE605X extender as mesh on the main floor and another RE605X on the second floor as an access point. Even if I am close to the access point on the second floor, the wifi signal is weak and my iphone keeps connecting me to the extender on the first floor. I checked the ethernet cable on the second floor that I am using to connect to the access point and I am getting close to one GB when I connect the cable to a PC. So the cable is not the problem. Any suggestions what might be going on and any advice to solve the problem?   Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Re605X one in mesh and one as access point
2021-03-25 21:25:53

@Panthebeagle 

What is probably happening is the RE that is acting like an AP is not able to recommend connecting to it, like how a mesh network works. So if you were going to the basement to the first floor, the router and RE in OneMesh will recommend what node to connect to for your phone. Once you go to the second floor to the AP unit, it now falls on your device itself on how it chooses what to connect to, and it seems like it will stick with a signal until it disappears. If you were to disable your Wi-Fi and re-enable it, it should connect to the nearby AP unit to kind of force it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 743

Replies: 1