Adding a Powerline adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 21:16:11
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I purchased a TL-WPA4220 Kit to extend my WiFi out to my garage. Now I would like to add another Powerline Extender for a remote Ethernet connection. I have purchased an AV600. I haven't paired the unit, yet. Does anyone have any advise? I assume I just press the Pair button on the Base unit that is wired to my modem and Pair it to the new extender. Does my original Powerline Extender maintain its configuration?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Adding a Powerline adapter
2021-04-07 17:55:26

@CP713 

If you bought another WPA4220 it will have the default wireless network name and password that is on the sticker label. What you can do is plug it in the same room as the main powerline adapter, pair it (no Ethernet connection), then change the wireless network either using the computer utility: link or use the tpPLC app: link

Once the new WPA4220 is set up you can unplug it and move it to where you want it. If the powerline light (house icon) comes on then you are good to go, if the powerline light does not turn on then that outlet will not work, and you need to try another outlet until the light turns on.

Options
2021-04-23 16:47:52

@Tony Thnk you for the help and it has put my mind to ease on setting this up. I appreacaite your time and help.

Options
2021-05-24 08:19:07 - last edited 2021-05-24 08:20:41

If you want to add additional Power line adapters, press the Security button on the next adapter for 2 seconds, and then press the Security button on any additional adapters in your network for 2 seconds.  remedies for husband extra marital affairs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 877

Replies: 3

Related Articles