App not finding Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

App not finding Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
App not finding Network
App not finding Network
2021-04-07 15:38:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My mesh network via Deco M5's has been up and running for the past three years.  The Deco app on my android phone is logged in, but does not connect to the established Deco network...it just goes to the "Let's Begin" screen to set up a new Deco device and network.  I also have an additional Deco unit that I want to add to my existing network, but there is no  +  sign on my app to add a new unit.  What happened?  Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:App not finding Network
2021-04-07 18:12:19

@NickyA 

Try rebooting the main Deco unit, then connect to the Deco Wi-Fi, and log out, then back in using the TP-Link ID email that was used when setting up the Deco. If you log in and still get the getting started message there could be a different TP-Link ID account associated with the Deco when it was set up.

You can verify that you have the correct ID by logging into the Deco with a web browser and using the same credentials: link

Another option can be to reset all the nodes and begin the setup all over.

Options
Re:App not finding Network
2021-04-07 20:07:23
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 524

Replies: 2