All devices connect, except MacBook air

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-19 19:51:49 - last edited 2021-04-19 23:07:40
Model: RE230  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I bought RE230 to extend range in our new home. I was able to successfully install Tether and setup the device.

The extended wifi works well on my iPhone and Windows Dell computer, but the MacBook Air is not getting internet- although it do get connected, etc. Just that internet is not reachable. Websites etc won't open.

MacBook is at same distance as my phone and windows computer on which the extended wifi is working just fine. Just the MacBook has issue. MacBooks shows as Unknown in Tether as shown in below screenshot. Everything else is fine.

Please guide. Thanks!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:All devices connect, except MacBook air
2021-04-20 14:24:32

@quasar81 

anyone please. 

Options
Re:All devices connect, except MacBook air
2021-04-20 22:24:18

@quasar81 

First check if your device is actually getting a good IP address, if so assign a different DNS server.

-On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Network.

-In the list at the left, select Wi-Fi, look to see if you actually got a good IP address. It should be similar to the one you get when you connect to the main router.

-Click DNS, then click the Add button at the bottom of the DNS Servers list. Enter the IPv4 address for the DNS server.

For the Primary DNS put 8.8.8.8

For the Secondary DNS put 8.8.4.4

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 813

Replies: 2