Don't know how to use RE220 Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-25 14:19:31

I  plugged this extender into a plug close to my router. It blinked a while then lit an icon near top solid green. I removed it and plugged it

into an outlet about 12 ft away. Eventually it turned solid green on top icon. I want to use the 2.4 Ghz band for an outside camera.

I am 78 years old and can not make sense of the instructions. Can anyone make it simple to turn on the 2.4 Ghz please. lray

Options
1 Reply
Re:Don't know how to use RE220 Extender
2021-04-30 17:16:58

@lray 

The WPS setup might be the easiest setup.

Your quick installation guide should have that method printed here:

Essentially what you will do is activate the WPS function on your router, and then on the RE220. 

What will happen is once the extender connects to your router you will have a new network that has a name similar to your existing network, but with _EXT appended.

Here is a video we have as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbUzpDDeCKg

If only the 2.4G lights up, you may need to repeat the process until the 5G light up (assuming your router has 2.4G and 5G).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 1

Related Articles