Password trouble in app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Password trouble in app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Password trouble in app
Password trouble in app
2021-05-01 01:43:21
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ABC

I am setting up my extender and get to the point in the app that I am connected to my extender and asked to log in.  Somehow the password that I established for TP-link is not valid and I cannot find a way to reset it.  Should this be the login to my home Wi-Fi network rather than TP-link?  Please offer any advice because I don't know where to go from here.  Thanks, much.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Password trouble in app
2021-05-03 21:50:16

@markrichhe 

In reference to the setup here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1373/

I believe you are talking about step 3, this is the password for the local log-in of the extender or what you would use to log into the extender directly. The later steps will ask for the wireless password of your existing wireless router (Step 4).

Options
Re:Password trouble in app
2021-05-05 21:40:01

@markrichhe 

I'm having the same issue where I'm trying to log in into the extender network and once I input the password that I just created it says that it's incorrect and I don't know how to reset that password. Any ideas on how to bypass this? Without me being able to connect I can go any further in setting it up

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 339

Replies: 2