"Connected, no internet" on extended network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-01 10:41:08
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Recently I got a new router (Technicolor CGA2121) and since then I cannot get my extended wifi network working. 
After rebooting the extender and connecting to the default TP-link_Extender network, I can not enter tplinkrepeater.net, or 192.168.0.254 sites - "connected, no internet" as it states. I tried connecting it either by the WPS button and the Tether app.
After connecting (throughout WPS), all diodes on the extender are lighted up, like it's working perfectly, but obviously, it's not. Still getting "connected, no internet" notification, cannot enter any site, still including both configuration sites

Options
1 Reply
Re:"Connected, no internet" on extended network
2021-05-03 23:05:22

@szymib 

If your extender is still broadcasting the TP_Link network then it has not yet been configured. The extender should either take the name of your router or add _ext at the end of the name.

When looking at the extender you should have the RE, Wireless, Power, and at least three signal lights:

Another way to log into the device would be to log into your router, and see what is the IP address of the connected extenders (assuming all needed LED lights are on). Once logged into the extender you can see what the network name is in the Settings Tab.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 802

Replies: 1

Related Articles