Reboot?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Reboot?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Reboot?
Reboot?
2021-05-07 07:48:10
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.01

So I first bought this TP-Link (model :TL-WA855RE) back in January to fix connection issues because I felt many devices were on the same router. This wifi extender also worked as a wifi extension in the house as my room is always in the middle of either having good signal or bad signal. The router is in the living room and there's those rare days where the wifi signal just fails to reach.

So far this TP-Link had done a great job up until March, I have this extender inside my room on a wall outlet, connected with my PS4 on a LAN cable never had a issue with it until these past few months. I never really did anything to fix the issue it just worked sometimes or didn't.

Today I had gotten tired of this same problem because of my lagging connection meanwhile playing on my PS4. When I went on the Tether app everything seemed working perfectly fine, great spot, the host wifi was fine, and there was solid color blue on the extender & connected. So I didn't move or disconnect anything. I went on the app and rebooted the extender. Now it works perfectly fine. My ps4 works perfectly fine, my phone is also connected to the extender. so now I'm wondering if rebooting is a thing I need to keep up with my extender for there not be any problem, or is there a limit on the devices there could be? What was the actual issue that caused the extender to not work all of a sudden?

Went from 14gb download speed to 26gb after connecting to extender.

Any tips, advice, or help is gladly appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 236

Replies: 0

Related Articles