Invalid ip configuration on extender re200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-17 00:15:50
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20201030 Rel. 39260

Hello!

Im connected to the internet through the LAN cable in my extender (my computer doesnt have wifi), around every 30 minutes my connection is lost, it says identifing connection and when i use the troubleshoot sometimes it says that i have an invalid IP configuration or unable to contact your DHCP server. I've tried many solutions and nothing worked, the strangest part is that the wifi extension works (i've trie don my phone and on my laptop), i also changed my LAN cable formated my computer and nothing seems to work.

Please HELP ME!!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Invalid ip configuration on extender re200
2021-05-21 22:58:57

@rafaxs 

I would look at the network settings of the computer. Does it sound like the computer may have a static IP address assigned to it? If so, give in an IP that is a number away from your DHCP pool.

For example, if your router gives out IP addresses from 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.199, make sure your computer has an IP of 192.168.0.250.

If your computer's network adapter is running where it automatically gets an IP (DHCP). Try renewing the IP address by opening the command prompt, and typing: ipconfig /release and hit the enter key, now enter: ipconfig /renew and hit the enter key. That is similar to rebooting your computer where it will ask to get a new IP address.

Should you have any issues, please reach out to our support team here: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1451

Replies: 1