USB sharing via web

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

USB sharing via web

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
USB sharing via web
USB sharing via web
2021-05-22 10:15:59
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: build 210313 (latest)

I am trying to setup USB sharing via the web. I have a usb inserted and set it to share via http: and https: which all works perfectly from within my home network. However, whenever I try to access from out side my home network I get errors such as '...the server where this page is located is not responding' or '...can't establish a secure connection'. Any suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:USB sharing via web
2021-05-26 22:12:32

@entdgc 

I would first reach out to your ISP to make sure no ports are being filtered. If not, try changing the ports to completely values such as 1000 or 2000 jfor HTTP, save and then test with a port checker you can find on google.

Options
2021-05-26 22:20:55
Thanks Toni, I have found that FTP works well so I am using that but will investigate your suggestions for my own piece of mind.
Options
2021-05-29 16:58:24

were you able to fix it? I'm having a similar issue and I'm don't know what else to do

Options
2021-05-29 21:13:36

@entdgc 

No I haven't fixed it because I have found FTP works perfectly for my use case. I need to be able to send large files to my son-in-law who is a competent technical user of IT (but nothing more) and runs Mac's. He now simply mounts the FTP site as a disc on his Mac and can download large files quite quickly. I will investigate HTTP again just to satisfy my curiosity when I get time. If I find a solution I will post back here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 4