No Ethernet Powerline Wifi Extender (Dual TL-WPA7510)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-06 12:28:13 - last edited 2021-06-06 12:31:47
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest hardware v2.8

I bought two of these kits assuming that it was smart enough  that It could use one of the WiFi to Power line adapters as a Strong point receiver of the WiFi Signal, and I could place the other where the signal was weak and use it as normal. But, I can't figure out how to do this. Is it even possible? I have no way to access the Ethernet connection as it's at the top of a 30' ceiling.

Options
1 Reply
Re:No Ethernet Powerline Wifi Extender (Dual TL-WPA7510)
2021-06-15 21:14:59

@sunrunner20 

The powerline devices will communicate over your electrical wiring, and not via Wi-Fi.

Since you have two kits, plug one of the wired-only adapters into an outlet near your router and connect an Ethernet cable between the two. With the remaining three adapters you would plug those throughout your residence. The remaining three adapters need to be able to see the adapter connected to your router so if the powerline adapter is on an electrical outlet that is too far (powerline LED stays off), then move it to another outlet. The two wireless powerline adapters will not get internet connectivity from each other, it depends on each one being able to get a signal from the main powerline adapter (wired to the router).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 1