Nintendo Switch keeps being disconnected midgame

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-06 21:57:59

So I've set up my AV1000 powerline with one adapter in my bedroom and the other in the kitchen literally on the other side of the wall, connected to an Orbi wifi-mesh (the router itself is in a location where the circuitry doesn't connect with my room).

While I'm playing with my Switch connected online, I'll occasionally just be disconnected before immediately being reconnected. It doesn't seem to affect anyone else in my house despite being connected to the same wifi, and I simply don't know what's causing this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Nintendo Switch keeps being disconnected midgame
2021-06-16 20:14:47

@CyberMkII 

If your powerline kit is a TL-WPA7510, configure the wireless network for the wireless powerline adapter to have a different network name from your Orbi. What may be happening is your switch is jumping between the Orbi and the powerline if both network names are the same.

If your switch is connected via Ethernet cable and your powerline adapters are wired only, look at the powerline LED light (house icon). If that is red, try another outlet, you want the LED light to stay green. If the LED does stay green, try connecting a computer to the powerline adapter and see if the computer drops connection from time to time. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 903

Replies: 1