Error 2753 when trying to install TP-Link usb printer controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-08 17:55:41
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all--

I had installed the usb printer controller previously, and was successful in linking my two printers. Unfortunately, I replaced one of the printers (same model) and the controller couldn't find the new printer. But that's not the issue. I figured I'd try reinstalling the controller. When I tried, I got a dialog box Error 2753: The File "nvdrvinst64.exe" is not marked for installation. I couldn't get past this dialog. The same thing when trying to repair. I've tried all the supposed fixes on the web for this error, and eventually used Revo's Forced uninstall to try to remove the program and start fresh. Unfortunately, the controller installation still thinks the program is installed and the repair / remove dialog box opens.

I'm able to install and remove other programs, but this has me baffled. Anybody know what the controller installation is using to determine that the controller software is installed (even though it's not). Any suggestions? Anybody else experience this issue?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 0