SKY Q Mini Boxes and TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SKY Q Mini Boxes and TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-23 10:21:52
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have set up two kits as follows. 

1) BT SmartHub 2 with a full fibre broadband connection

2) SKY Q main box - lounge

3) SKY Q minibox - kitchen

4) SKY Q minbox - garage

Very easy to do and 1, 2, and 3 are stable and I can enjoy perfect TV in the kitchen and lounge with none of the problems I had before over WiFi. Great!

4) seemed to be equally good. The Powerline adaptor is plugged into a mains socket with nothing else attached. All lights on and solid. However the SKY Q mini initially connects OK to the main box and then after a couple of minutes it will freeze. If I restart it then the initial response is good and service is restored but again freezes after a couple of minutes. As 3) is solid then I am thinking it is something to do with the electrical cable run and installation in the garage. I'd like to try and diagnose this - does anyone have any suggestions on a) diagnostics I can run on a Mac and b) any suggestions on fixes?

Thanks everyone

Options
2 Reply
Re:SKY Q Mini Boxes and TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit
2021-07-21 10:44:51

@chazzer66 I have now adjusted the settings of each adapter to use the "audio or video' option for network traffic. It doesn't seem to make any difference though. Does anyone know what these settings go?

The main Sky box is plugged into Lounge and the two miniboxes are plugged into Kitchen and Garage. Kitchen works perfectly and reliably but Garage is intermittent and fails. The Garage link to Lounge is consistently the slowest on the tpPLC but still seems sufficient. Any ideas please?

Options
Re:SKY Q Mini Boxes and TP-Link TL-PA9020PKIT 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit
2021-08-10 09:06:29
Just bumping this - has anyone used TP Link (any model) successfully with SKY Q? Thanks again
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1006

Replies: 2

Related Articles