Can you use a ethernet connection from router to range extender? Is this better than with wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can you use a ethernet connection from router to range extender? Is this better than with wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-04 14:51:15

We have an addition added onto an old brick house. The router is located in the basement of the brick house and has trouble getting to the living room in the addition. I have two cat6 cable's running from the router to this room. I have recently purchased an AC 1200 range extender to improve wifi signal to this room. Can I get signal from the router through an ethernet connection to the AC1200? Is this a better option than connecting via wifi? IS there a betetr way to do this with a different devise?

Many thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 0