Votes

Have the ability to choose what decos broadcast what frequency (2.4, 5Ghz)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-05 00:41:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I think it would be neat to choose what decos to broadcast on each specific deco. Let's say you have one in the living room that is broadcasting both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz. And then you have another one in a office that only needs 5ghz but you also have lots of 2.4ghz cameras in that office that is causing interference on the 2.4ghz band. So you would be able to disable the 2.4ghz on that specific deco so it wouldn't interfere with the cameras. I mean yes this explanation doesn't make a lot of sense but I think you get the point. Also another example. Let's say you have a round building. In the center you could have it broadcast 2.4 and 5ghz. And have the other ones near windows broadcasting 5ghz so it doesn't go as far interfearing with neighbors Wi-Fi.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Have the ability to choose what decos broadcast what frequency (2.4, 5Ghz)
2021-12-03 22:55:23

@TheawesomeMCB this would be an incredible feature. I would like to turn off 2.4 on one single deco because it interferes with my wireless subwoofer. But there are almost no smart devices that use 5 GHz so I have to leave it on. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 409

Replies: 1

Voters 1