Further expansion needed....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-24 02:33:23
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a new solar battery installed at my house. But i cannot believe it does not have a wireless connection.

So i find myself in

the situation where i have a rj45 network cable in my garage and the router is the other side of the house.

I currently have a TL-PA9020P AV200 2 port kit working from my router to one of the bedrooms.

I want to add another to resolve my issue.

BUT do i need to add 2 new devices (one being connected to my router) or will just a single one work. Also does it have to be the same model. This is purely for monitoing purposes. so not real bandwidth or speed needed.

I really look forward to your thoughts, advice and comments.

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Further expansion needed....
2021-08-10 16:30:31 - last edited 2021-08-10 16:33:06

@RobLewis you just need one more device and it will sync up to the existing pair. Probably one of the "mini" models that only have one port would be best if you just need it for the one solar battery device.

As for the model, no, it doesn't need to be the same. But for best results get a model that is the same AV speed, since TL-PA9020P is an AV-2000 model, (not 200) get anything that is also AV2000. Best of all, you can mix brands if you favorite retailer doesn't have a single port model from tp-link. I mix 3 brands in my powerline network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 1