TL-WPA4220 V1 - Communication between wireless devices stops working after awhile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220 V1 - Communication between wireless devices stops working after awhile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-15 21:32:44
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2134-00_422091_160421_003

I have a TL-WPA4220 v1 that I've had for awhile and have had this problem the whole time. After the extender has been on for awhile (not sure exactly how long or if the amount of time is consistent), any devices connected wirelessly cannot connect to each other and the configuration page becomes unreachable. This mainly affects my laptop being able to connect to my printer, but I've tested that I am also unable to ping other computers connected wirelessly. I can connect to other devices that are connected to the extender via cable or through my router via any means, including my cable modem. It seems the extender just stops routing between devices connected to it wirelessly until I unplug and re-plug it in.

I've updated the firmware a couple times to no avail as well as trying set a static IP on the printer. Given that the extender stops responding to requests for the config page (both through the direct IP and the tpctplink.net URL) I'm thinking it's a hardware/firmware problem.

Anyone know anything about this?

Options