AC750 -- DC power supply voltages?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-01 17:08:23
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.8

I'm looking to make my mesh extender battery-backed-up...although I can find pictures of the circuit board, I can't find a circuit diagram.

Anybody know what it's power supply output voltage(s) might be?
Most of its chips will be consuming 1.8 and 3.3 VDC, but I don't know if those are achieved by a resistor/regulator off a main power supply (e.., 5VDC), or if the devices need both + and - supplies.

If I don't find anything out here, I'll just pry it open and see...

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC750 -- DC power supply voltages?
2021-11-01 18:58:27
Well...FWIW the power supply looks like it's ~8.6 VDC, single-ended, with a regulator chip or two to get the voltage down to where some of the chips need it. On my circuit board, the regulator is a 2808 and it's really tiny. That said, I never got as far as actually making the thing run on batteries: I managed to cook that regulator chip and kill the range extender. Doesn't take much of a mistake to do this...so probably not a great idea even for the most careful DIY person.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 315

Replies: 1