My requirements for a whole home WiFi system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-12 04:14:10 - last edited 2021-11-23 22:56:18

I have some requirements for a whole home WiFi system that TP-Link should implement.  It does not appear any vendor has done this yet but the opportunity is now available.

I face several challenges in my home which includes architecture that puts roofing between rooms on the second floor isolating rooms from strong WiFi signals.  Second, my home wiring is Cat5 and the runs are too long to support high speed even with the cables being rewired to current standards.

1) I want a Mesh network composed of multiple routers - this allows for much better RF coverage with multiple antennas and improved beamforming.

2) I want at least a set of routers with 4 bands - three devoted to WiFi clients including an AX highspeed channel and a second AX channel devoted to backhaul.

3) I believe there needs to be an intelligent WiFi Client to help select the best WiFi signal and automatically roam the client to that client in concert with the routers

4) Woudn't this fall under the WiFi Alliance EasyMesh standard?  Do you plan to implement this?

5) How will you leverage WiFi 6e to maximize the WiFi network throughput for clients, do you need multiple Wifi 6e channels one for backhaul and one for clients?

OK those are my requirements and questions?  When can you build this for us customers?

Options