Votes

Device bandwidth usage reporting

Votes

Device bandwidth usage reporting

70 Reply
Re:Device bandwidth usage reporting
2024-04-21 15:02:08

How it is possible that the app can't provide the usage per device...

I had previously Ubiquiti Amplifi (6 years old) and this feature was embedded in the router

It seems that this feature is available through the Homeshield advanced option??? come on....

At least the current usage per device needs to be by default available

Please ..

Options
RE:Device bandwidth usage reporting
2024-06-02 14:03:56
Should be a basic feature in the reports. (X60)
Options
2024-06-18 10:27:18

@CBonney Would make a world of difference

Options
2024-06-28 13:26:27 - last edited 2024-06-28 13:30:48

Hi, thanks everyone who consistently have pushed this ticket to larger visibility. It is a really important and must have feature

I have a Deco X50-5G.

So many ISP options come with data caps. We have to be able to see total monthly data use, download and upload, so that we can properly manage our plans. Also, in the event that we are consistently or suddenly exceeding the cap, we must be able to identify the device(s) that is(are) responsible for the data use. These are basic planning and troubleshooting tools.

Given that it is now 2024, this feature is long overdue. Is this functionality provided in the Home Shields advanced option settings as YannisArgy suggests ?

Also what RiBr suggests is concerning

Options
2024-08-08 16:33:33
2+ years and no real response from TP-Link on implementing this feature that most other routers have?
Options
2024-08-08 17:58:06

Its more than 2 yrs and this feature is not implemented yet. If tp-link cannot show data consumption per device atleast show the total data consumption monthly

Options
2024-08-23 03:09:19

Same issue as a few other users experienced. Bought these at Costco and immediately started to see my internet usage go up. I crossed 1tb, upgraded my plan to 1.5tb, crossed that. This is out of control... I'm going to be spending more in overages than I paid for these devices. Given that they don't seem to do anything about it seems nefarious as if they benefit from us not having transparency for our Internet usage... someone should look into this... seriously

Options
2024-08-24 13:54:13

@CBonney I wish I had known about this drawback.  My ISP says I'm using huge amounts of data, even when I was away for 10 days and no one is using the network except my cameras.  Either I've been hacked or my ISP is lying because they charge me $10 for every 50GB over my plan.  I wouldn't buy the Deco if I knew this simple feature wasn't available.  I'm going to update my review and not recommend Deco since this is an important feature that can be critical to our security, be it to protect ourselves from hackers or even our ISP's!

Options
2024-08-24 14:09:27

@Sol3e Very interesting, I bought my Deco about 3 months ago because my previous, Google WiFi, had a bad hub and the speed was slow.  This was when my usage went up, but I thought it was because my Deco was working better.  With your statement, I'm wondering if Deco is illegally collecting my data, and that's why this feature isn't available on their device.  It's a good thing I switched ISP and their modem has data usage built in.  I'll be monitoring this to see if what you said is right, that the Deco is the culprit.

Options
RE:Device bandwidth usage reporting
2024-08-25 15:06:09
It is a common feature that every other router has
Options

Voters 68

+ 64 Voters