Votes

Allow Pasting MAC and IP addresses in config setup!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-12 23:51:39
Tags: #Cut and Paste Config
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(5553)

I've always owned TP-Link Wireless Routers, because I've been very happy with their features, particularly their user interfaces. I have about 40 or so wired and wireless devices to connect, so what I like(d) the best was (with my previous model, the Archer C8) that entering text and addresses into the configuration settings worked exactly the way I -- and I imagine everybody else -- expected it to work: just copy and paste the MAC and IP adresses into the appropriate text boxes. This was particularly valuable to me because I always assign and bind fixed IP addresses for every valid device on my network and block everything else.

But to my surprise and severe annoyance, the Archer A8 refuses to let me do that on either the web interface or the Tether app! Obviously, this makes entering MAC addresses into the proverbial PITA. It's very hard to understand why a first-class team of user-interface developers would forget this key design concept and regress in this way.

And since you have to go into the code to restore UI clarity, might I suggest that you enhance your parser to accept either colons or dashes as MAC address delimiters? Some manufacturers use one and others use the other, so it would be great to have it both ways.

Please correct this design inelgance (to be kind) soon. Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 172

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

Cut and Paste Config