Votes

Provide easy entry and editing of device names in config pages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-13 00:42:03
Tags: #Device name entry
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(5553)

With my previous TP-Link Archer wireless routers, it was extremely simple and straightforward in the web configuration pages to assign or change the device name associated with either a MAC address or an IP address(?), but with my new Archer A8, it is now either very difficult or impossible.

But perhaps I'm mistaken -- is it actually possible from the web interface? If so, how do I do it? It seems that it might be possible from the Tether app on my phone, but I'd much prefer to use the web configuration pages.

Once again, this newer product is significantly more difficult to use than my older TP-Link routers, even for very basic operations. Please consider providing this trivial to implement feature.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
RE:Provide easy entry and editing of device names in config pages
2023-01-05 19:55:42 - last edited 2023-01-07 23:34:44

i found that the newest deco app  (3.2.5 on android and deco S4), allows changing device name.

on network "tab",
click on a client,
then select the main or guest tab for the device under question.
select the device,

* on the device detail, click the name (e.g. UNKNOWN),
   the type icon can be selected from a list of icons, and the name can be updated. smiley

(fyi: emogi's can be used,  i.e for my fire tv)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

Device name entry