If I need to have wired internet in more than one location in the house ...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-16 18:43:37 - last edited 2022-08-16 18:45:04

Do I have to buy the powerline adapters in pairs?  That is  - if I need one in the living room and one in the office, am I going to have to plug in 2 main modules that connect to the router, and then one each in the other rooms that connect to the laptop/TV/whatever - or can one "wired to the router" serve multiple remote modules?

Or are there "add-on" modules for other rooms, requiring only one main module connected to the router?

Options
1 Reply
Re:If I need to have wired internet in more than one location in the house ...
2022-08-17 16:34:51

@ToddMG,

It is only necessary to have one powerline adapter that is connected to your router however this becomes more complicated if you are trying to use Powerline adapters across circuits, as most signals will be interfered with at the breaker box.

I would highly recommend, if you are looking at upgrading your network, to look at other networking solutions such as our OneMesh solutions for other ways of extending your network. In my personal opinion, if you're house is fitting for the situation, a mesh network will give you a much better experience for streaming high-quality media. 

To find more information about the different powerline configurations, you can browse the FAQs for any of our Powerline Products. The FAQs for the TL-PA7017P, as an example can be found here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-pa7017p-kit/#FAQs

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1

Related Articles