how to connect a Kasa Light Group to Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-26 02:12:31
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

how to connect a Kasa Light Group to Alexa, I have set up two TP-Link plugs to two lights separately. I want to set up a Group so both lights turn on/off together. I have tried multiple times to get the group connected to Alexa with no luck.  The only instructions I can find are "how to connect the plug to Alexa. I have done this. Nowhere can I find how to connect a Group

Suggestions please

Options
1 Reply
Re:how to connect a Kasa Light Group to Alexa
2022-08-26 16:39:26

Hey  @Zonegate5,

From what it looks like, this is the one variation of the grouping that doesn't transfer to the Alexa app. 

There area two other supported ways of accomplishing this though, 

1 - You can add the devices to the Alexa App Individually and Create a Group in the Alexa app to combine the controls. or

2 - You can set up a scene in the Kasa App and Alexa will discover this. This is limited to setting a series of devices to one customized scened, and does not give control over the devices from Alexa. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 1

Related Articles