RE650 extender and Fire Cube

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 12:48:47
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently purchased a RE650 extender to boost the signal to my bedroom TV. The installation went well and the extender  shows it's receiving the netwotk. However, while Firecube sees the extended networks, it hows "Not In Range"  Is this fixable?

Options
5 Reply
Re:RE650 extender and Fire Cube
2022-08-31 23:05:43

@Piper444

It is defintely strange that the TV cannot see the network. I would recommend unplugging the Fire Cube to see if that will force it to reanalyze the networks available. Otherwise, you you could try to bring down your network and reconnect your network router/modem/ RE one at a time to see if the Firecube will then see the stronger network

Options
2022-09-01 15:37:24

Hi Riley- thank you so much for responding! The strange thing is that the Fire Cube can see the extender, and the name shows on the network list, but it shows the status as "Out of "Range"

Options
2022-09-01 21:50:24

@Piper444,

I messaged you a guide from another site that has a few troubleshooting steps for firesticks that would be beneficial for you. It sounds like this is not an uncommon issue with Firesticks

Options
2022-09-02 11:24:05

Thanks for staying with this Riley, I really appreciate it! I have not seen a guide come through from any source yet, do I need a specific app to receive it?

Options
2022-09-06 21:01:12

@Piper444,

I tried messaging you the link again on the community. You should be able to find it in the user center by clicking your name in the top right.

Another thing that you can do, is to try:

Changing the wireless security setting on your wifi router from WPA/WPA2 Mixed to WPA2 Personal.

I have had a few of our smart home users report that this setting allows them to properly connect some smart devices and maintain a stable connection. I do not know if this would help at all, but I am curious if this would help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 5