RE450 with latest firmware will not connect to 2.4 ghz but works fine with 5 Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE450 with latest firmware will not connect to 2.4 ghz but works fine with 5 Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-06 19:50:56
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: RE450(US)_V2_211029

I was having issues with the 2.4GHZ disconnecting frequently and would reconnect after a reset so I updated to the latest and now I can not even connect. The 5GHZ works just fine. I tried all the solutions in this forum but none of the them have worked.

Seems this is a major issue with the TP-link extenders. May need to purchase a 2.4GHz only extender from another vendor because all the smart lights and appliances use this band.

Any suggestiions on how to get the 2.4 ghz band working again?

Thanks

MJM

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE450 with latest firmware will not connect to 2.4 ghz but works fine with 5 Ghz
2022-10-09 16:22:57

@EPMS 

Having the same problem with the same model. My 2.4GHz was working fine until a few weeks ago. Now, even when I stand directly next to it, I cannot join.

I have sent an e-mail to support at Tp-Link. Hopefully they will have a solution.

Options
Re:RE450 with latest firmware will not connect to 2.4 ghz but works fine with 5 Ghz
2022-10-11 03:02:54

@EPMS 

support contacted me and had me first move the extender to the same room as my router. After it rebooted, I was able to connect to both the 5 and 2.4 GHz.

I then moved the extender back to its original place, let it reboot, and was able to connect to both.

I think that it may just need to be rebooted.

My suggestion: unplug the extender from the wall. Then plug it back in.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 2

Related Articles