Synology RT2600ac with TP-Link extender RE220 Parental Controls and Web Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Synology RT2600ac with TP-Link extender RE220 Parental Controls and Web Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-24 18:02:02
Tags: #Access Control #Web Filtering
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 210608 Rel.32729n (8583)

Hi,

I have parental controls set up on my Synology RT2600ac for my laptop device. However, when I connect to the RE220 range extender, these controls stop working.

Previously I've been able to add web filtering to the RE220 device from the Synology router. For some reason, the RE220 isn't showing up on the device list of the router anymore.

I gave it a static IP to try and fix this issue.

1949f34649a348faa79876e6ee595d21

But no luck.

The RE220 Web UI shows the mac address and IP but I can't find that on the router's device list.

If the extender is assigning virtual MAC addresses to my devices, it appears to be changing the entire MAC address and not just the first half. Any help is appreciated- I just want web filtering to work on devices connected to the extender, or worst case on the entire extender device itself. Either solution is acceptable

Options
1 Reply
Re:Synology RT2600ac with TP-Link extender RE220 Parental Controls and Web Filtering
2022-09-26 18:18:31

@vegetable23,

While parental controls operate at a MAC address level, have you tried just assigning you laptop a static IP? If I am correct there is a setting for IP and mac binding on your main router that may help with the issue.

Since you said that the RE220 used to appear in the router interface, it may not be a bad idea to check if the IP address is inside or outside of the DHCP pool supported by your router, and then it may be worth resetting the RE to reset any settings that may be preventing the router from seeing the Range Extender

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 1

Tags

Access Control
Web Filtering
Related Articles