Issues with wifi connections every night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-07 22:05:57
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 220727 Rel.61738n (6985)

Hi all,

Recently I encountered some issues regarding the WiFi connection with the RE450 extender device.

Every night the WiFi suddenly has no connection.

I can still connect to the WiFi network but it does not have any connection.

All lights are working on the device (Power, 2.4, and 5 GHz) but still no connection until I disconnect the cable or reboot the device.

I connect the RE450 with a Lan cable directly to the router and the device is configured as an access point.

I also tried to upgrade the firmware to the latest version ( 1.0.11 Build 220727 Rel.61738n (6985) ) but the issue persists.

Also, there is no Power Schedule enabled or any kind of setting that turn off the WiFi.

I tried also to factory reset the device and re-configure it and the issue still persists again.

If anyone else encountered this issue and knows a solution I will be glad to hear.

Thanks,

Niko

Options
4 Reply
Re:Issues with wifi connections every night
2022-10-07 22:07:22

Some times even after I disconnect the cable and reboot the device it works but after a few minutes the WiFi disconnect again.

Options
2022-10-08 00:39:10

@niko322,

Our team has an FAQ to help with cases like this. It sounds like your situation exactly matches the third case. Give these troubleshooting steps a try: What Should I Do If I Fail to Configure a Range Extender

Options
2022-10-08 21:45:19

Hi  @Riley_S,

Thanks for the replay.

I tried most of the solutions you suggest for the third case but looks like they didn't help to solve my issue.

When I encounter this issue of no connectivity every night I check if the issue comes from the connection from the router itself but it didn't.

When I disconnect the cable from the device and connect it to my laptop directly the connection is stable with no interruptions.

I also tried to connect to the device via his IP address when the issue occurred but didn't succeed.

The page is loading but nothing shows up on the screen only when I disconnect the cable from the device and connect it back again I can connect to the device and some times even that not helping.

Also, for your information, I have two of these devices in my home. They are both the exact same hardware version and firmware.

And I encountered this exact issue in both of them at the same time every night.

The only thing that I want to try is to change the SSID from the SSID of the router and the other RE450 device in my home.

I will share my results tomorrow in this case.

Thanks for your help.

Niko

Options
2022-10-10 17:34:52

@niko322,

From everything that you have said, it sounds as is if this may be an issue related to IP addressing. 

Since you have two of  the same device, I wanted to make sure that you have at least one of them set up as an Acess Point, as you cannot have two routers on the same network as the DHCP servers will conflict with each other.

When you are disconnecting the cable from the device, I have a feeling that you are potentially forcing the device to poll the router for a new IP address and this may be not assigning and IP to your device correctly. Have you tried to set up static addresses or IP reservations for the devices?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 4

Related Articles