Will increasing BB speed also increase speed recieved on my TL-PA211?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-08 13:57:49

We are putting a home office at the bottom of our garden. I see a big drop off in speed using a TP-Link to get internet into office. I presume this is due to the extended distance. Download speed when close to router is around 15Mbps. It drops to around 4Mbps in the office.

If I switch to optical broadband provider and increase the speed in the house will i see a speed increase in the office as well?

Is there a product that I could install in office that would receive from my TL-PA211 and then broadcast a WiFi signal in the office?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Will increasing BB speed also increase speed recieved on my TL-PA211?
2022-10-10 18:47:16

@Bocon,

If your office and TL-PA211 are on the same circuit you can simply add a powerline connection into the office. Some of our powerline devices will be able to broadcast and extend your network from your house. If they are on different circuits, your results could vary greatly. Keep in mind, however, that devices such as Range Extenders and Powerline Connectors will have a lower connection than hard wiring an Access Point.

The other option would be to use a Range Extender to Extend your network, however, this comes with a steep dropoff of speed by default, often seen as 50% Speed when using Range Extenders. However, Any kind of upgrade that ups the overall bandwidth of the network will cause the network to operate at higher efficiency. While this may not result in more speed, the network should be more stable due to not having to prioritize traffic as much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 1