Adding receivers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adding receivers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Adding receivers
Adding receivers
2022-10-09 15:50:38

I already have a TP-link powerline TL-WPA8631P KIT (AV1300). If I buy the TL-PA9020P KIT (AV2000) 

1.  will I be able to use the TL-WPA8631P transmitter with both of the TL-PA9020P units as receivers?

2.  if I use the transmitter from the TL-WPA8631P, will I be limited to AV1300 speeds on the TL-PA9020P receivers?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding receivers
2022-10-10 20:53:14 - last edited 2022-10-10 20:53:53

@pnjf,

Yes you can put multiple nodes on the same network. Adding a powerline transmitter essentially makes the signal available to the plugs and circuits in your home. According to the information in the FAQ How many powerline adapters can be added to the same network? you can have up to 24 nodes connected to the network, not that you should get anywhere that close.

From what I have been told about Powerline Adapters when using adapters of various types will cause the ENTIRE powerline network to drop to the rate of teh slowest device. This is why it is always recommended to use the same series for your entire network. More info can be found here: Are the TP-Link powerline adapters compatible with each other?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 1

Related Articles