Range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Range extender
Range extender
2022-10-12 06:51:54
Model: RE350  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

So all the lights are on but it won't appear in any device, and the Ethernet lights on top are solid green how can I fix this 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Range extender
2022-10-12 16:57:13

@Kevinbsjajak,

In order to get a better idea of what is going on, I am going to need more information regarding your network setup. How have you configured the Range Extender, to me it sounds like it is working and just using the same SSID. 

"Wont Appear in Any Device" - What Device? The network router, the phone setup?

Were you able to start or complete the initial configuration process? What method did you use to setup the RE?

Options
2022-10-12 20:01:37

@Riley_S to set it up I just used the tether app and the 2.4 and 5g lights are on blue but they won't appear on my phone or PC even when connected through Ethernet it will say no connection 

Options
2022-10-13 00:43:16

@Kevinbsjajak,

Are you able to access the settings for the Range Extender? The RE should have had you connect directly to the device's wireless connection during setup, is this wireless network STILL available?

I would first recommend resetting since if what you say is true, the lights aren't lining up with what is happening. Unless, the lights are only indicating that it is connected to the network, not that it can access the internet. Also for your information, if you set up your range extender to use the same SSID of the main network, the wi-fis will not be visible in your list of networks, as your device will automatically switch. However, since the ethernet says no connection, we know this is another issue.

You can navigate to tplinkrepeater.net on your PC that is connected to the RE to find the Web Interface for your Range Extender. In these menus there are many different options and methods for extending various networks. If the interface indicates that the extender is connected to your network, and all the settings look correct; there may be a setting on the router that is conflicting.

Options
2022-10-16 02:24:46

@Riley_S  just to confirm... after set up... the extender and its NEW networks.. just assume the old wifi names? 

Options
2022-10-17 19:25:00

@CARTER58,

Yes this is how an RE works by default, you can change this through the app or the Interface.

An RE Serves to extend the network (Settings and SSID) beyond its original reach. If you are curious, you should be able to download a wifi analyzer app on your phone and see the changes in connectivity and speed as you move closer and further away from the RE.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 663

Replies: 5

Related Articles