Usually my extender doesn't have a valid IP configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-18 14:37:57 - last edited 2022-10-18 14:42:06
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20201022 Rel. 66896

Hello, I have been having this issue (Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration) for about 2 months now when using the extender.

Today was the first time I received this message from windows troubleshooter "Default Gateway is not available".

I have tried resetting the extender.

I use this extender for Ethernet, wireless (from router) to wired to PC (via extender).

My router is Huawei HG8245X6-8Ne, if that has anything to do with it (I haven't had any problem's with the router).

Options
2 Reply
Re:Usually my extender doesn't have a valid IP configuration
2022-10-18 16:43:44

@DreamZy,

Has the extender provided an internet connection previously? Or has the error always prevented you from connecting? I would recommend going directly into the extender settings on your PC, or connecting to your extender and changing the setting on the tether app for your phone. 

What is the status of the LED lights on the Range Extender? If you can access the interface, does it indicate that it is connected to the router?

You could also try to configure the extender using the WPS button, you should have a WPS button on your Huawei router. If you the WPS button on the router, and then the RE within one minute, the devices should automatically connect.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Usually my extender doesn't have a valid IP configuration
2022-10-19 06:42:27 - last edited 2022-10-19 08:01:33

All the lights are lit and i have tried resetting (and configuring) in the web page.
I tried the WPS button and it did connect me back to the internet but the problem still happens.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 2

Related Articles