RE205 updating firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE205 updating firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE205 updating firmware
RE205 updating firmware
2022-11-27 20:48:36
Tags: #Firmware Update #RE205
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 build 20210608 rel.61340

Hey y'all started having some connectivity issues where it would should the 5g light on but wasn't connecting the devices so naturally checked for updates via tether app. Confirmed and moved forward with update the firmware. Now it's stuck with just the notification that firmware is updating and has been like that for maybe an hours time now. It's a relatively small file and even at the 2.4g it shouldn't be taking this long. Anyone have any experiences like this, some solutions to make sure it updates properly? Don't want to reset since it can damage the device but now I'm worried it'll brick if it continues to try updating without any % bar to show if something is happening. It showed a progress bar initially but now it doesn't show me that either. Any perspectives or advice I'd appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE205 updating firmware
2022-11-29 02:16:38

@VV333 

Hi, I think you could try to fresh the upgrade page, and closing the page would not break the unit.

Then you could log back into the web UI and check whether the firmware is changed or not.

By the way, I happen to see you seemed to be on the latest firmware already, RE205(US)_V3_210608. So maybe there is no need to update the firmware at all.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 1