Interference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Interference

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Interference
Interference
2022-11-30 13:36:51
Tags: #Interference

943b159a7e3f42faa7c3932897f757ec

I got this adapter so I can get wifi upstairs for my CCTV box. When I switch it on, great it gets the CCTV working so that I can view it remotely.

the only problem is that if I turn on the adapter plugs (the main one being in the living room next to the router box) it interferes with my skyQ box and keeps disconnecting that from the internet. Is there anyway to stop that from happening. The skyQ box is the only thing the adapter interferes with. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Interference
2022-12-01 01:27:06

I don't really know much about services outside of the US, however from looking at the way that some SkyQ boxes are set up, they may be already communicating with each other over a powerline connection instead of your network. If your boxes support an ethernet connection, I would imagine that this would stop the device from trying to communicate via Powerline.

Can you confirm that the SkyQ box is not relying on a powerline connection to receive a signal?

Options
2022-12-01 21:58:06
Hi. As far as I’m aware (I could be wrong) but I believe the skyQ box communicates to the router via wifi using WPS.
Options
2022-12-01 22:07:07

@Vic83,

If it's connected via WPS, that means it is just a simple Wi-Fi connection, the WPS is just the setup method. 

If you aren't positive, try to place your SkyQ boxes on surge protectors, as this would prevent the Powerline data from flowing. It sounds as though the device may be configured to work via Wi-Fi but switch to a powerline when it is detected. If you have other SkyQ boxes, these devices may also be trying to make use of a powerline connection. 

Have you tried to restart the SkyQ Box after you have activated your TP-Link powerline network?

I would recommend posting to the global forums, as a user may have a solution for your SkyQ box already. The United States doesn't have SkyQ as a provider, and to further add, Powerline connections are far more popular outside of the US than inside. You will probably have better luck finding possible solutions there.

Options
2022-12-01 23:53:26
Has I have done restarts. That was first thing I did.’ I give up with tp-link. Just a waste of money buying your products I sh shouldn’t have to buy something else with the “hope” it would solve my problems
Options
2022-12-01 23:53:32
Has I have done restarts. That was first thing I did.’ I give up with tp-link. Just a waste of money buying your products I sh shouldn’t have to buy something else with the “hope” it would solve my problems
Options