Archer AX11000 & all other oneMesh products must have ethernet backhaul
Archer AX11000 & all other oneMesh products must have ethernet backhaul
2022-12-01 06:39:29 - last edited 2023-01-24 18:01:50
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hi,
I was amazed to understand that the Archer AX11000 being the state-of-the-art,

ridiculously expensive router is not supporting Ethernet Backhaul and that it's not on the list of future supporting this feature. 

The Archer AX11000 has 8 Ethernet ports! 
For connecting your home to fast wired Ethernet with WIFI-6
This is the only choice.
Therefore it MUST support a basic feature such as Ethernet Backhaul.
Please add it to the EasyMesh list or implement it regardless asap.

All other oneMesh products should be supported as well instead of creating a new mesh system that won't connect all over again...

mesh, oneMesh, EasyMesh

Options
13 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 & all other oneMesh products must have ethernet backhaul
2023-01-05 17:44:34

@YH1,

This is something that the team is definitely still working on potentially rolling out to users. From what I understand, the addition of EasyMesh and the new technologies that come with the devices will allow the team to potentially implement the feature. TP-Link will be announcing a lot of new features and technologies throughout the next month, as we learn more about how EasyMesh will be used in existing products, and new features/technologies, such as Wi-Fi 7 are released.

If you take a look at our EasyMesh Story, the feature was 'planned' at the time of writing, but has since become one of the most requested features for easymesh functionality.

Given that you have an AX11000 I would suspect that you would be one of the first devices to support an ethernet backhaul

Options
2023-01-08 12:12:15

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the reply.

looking at the TP-LInk EasyMesh Devices the AX11000 isn't a planned device on this list.

Options
2023-01-10 01:22:30

@YH1,

Thanks for pointing that out. I will ask around and pass a recommendation to see if this device can support the technology as it is such a powerful device. 

For your information, The list of devices on ANY of our EasyMesh pages is not a comprehensive list and is subject to change at any time. The first router developed to support EasyMesh is set to release in March, so we may have a more comprehensive list or other information then.

Options
2023-03-14 10:02:45

@Riley_S you marked this as accepted for AX11000 to get easymesh with Ethernet backhual, however the AX6000, and AXE16000 is listed but don't see the AX11000 listed. 

Options
2023-07-30 05:31:45 - last edited 2023-07-30 05:37:25

@Riley_S     Can you please update this information especially now that Wi-Fi 7 routers are released and it seems even more confusing with people that have bought previous Wi-Fi 6 Wi-Fi 6E routers.

I really don't think I will be buying future TP thing products if you don't support easy mesh with internet backhaul on for example the AX 11000. Actually specifically including that router. But others as well.

That would be insane.   However perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised and you will tell me that you are indeed supporting it. Please let me know as soon as possible. It will affect my future buying decisions in the next month for multiple routers at multiple places.

Hp

Options
2023-08-03 19:38:28

@heartspeace,

We actually have two tags for feature requests: Accepted and Implemented

Right now this is only market as accepted, indicating the willingness of the teams to include the feature in future releases, as it is only currently rolling out and not available on all models.

Firstly, EasyMesh is separate from the Wi-Fi protocols, as AC and AX devices are also receiving the update. The WI-Fi protocol will simply affect the quality and speed of your Easymesh connections.

The goal is to update our OneMesh products to have EasyMesh functionality. Easymesh provides its own standard for Ethernet Backhauls that is being rolled out to models as a separate firmware update from the initial EasyMesh compatibility update. I believe that the initial focus for the wired backhaul feature is for the latest releases and Range Extenders but we are seeing the feature expanding to more models now.

The Gaming routers will likely see a slightly different release as they have separate features and UI from the rest of the Archer Lineup, but I will provide an update specifically for the AX11000 when i see it.

Take a look at this compatibility page to see the overall progress of the compatibility update, a separate list will be provided soon for ethernet backhaul compatibility, for now you would need to check the patch notes for the latest firmware to see if the feature was released.

We are currently working to gather information on compatibility, and Easymesh performance across wireless standards, so keep an eye out for that. For example, with Easymesh i have seen glimpses of extremely fast wired backhauls with the latest Wi-Fi 7 routers.

Options
2023-08-18 05:59:43 - last edited 2023-08-18 06:14:17
  @Riley_S 

Thank you Thank for this information and a couple weeks ago I saw the ax11000 listed there with several other models that were planned. It doesn't seem to be listed there now. What changed?

Can you tell me if that's just because it is now fully compatible with easymesh ( and a firmware was released for it) or that it has been eliminated from the possibility of ever having easymesh with energetic back field backhaul  compatible with the future products as well as mesh routers.

Thanks for your help

I've been trusting TP link to do the right thing for this and make the ax11000 compatible...

.. but if it does not, I then keep your link is forcing obsolescence on its customers even though it could easily help the customers, it's a waste of money. I bought the wrong product. 

If definitely would be the time to sell my ax11000 routers, change purchasing decisions to a different brand among my extended family and choose a more thinking company that supported its customers much better.

It's tragic how companies these days View products that cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars as disposable for consumers and refuse to to upgrade products , which really do values customers and their concerns especially regarding technology prices, and hurts the environment greatly by creating a lot of electronic waste. Not to mention other companies do support their products on an ongoing basis and even without source code so that once a company fails to support its product, open source can support it.

I realize that you think that this may hurt your long time sales, but in essence it will increase them as if you distance customers through your policies, they're not coming back ever.

Options
2023-08-18 16:24:16

@heartspeace,

Unfortunately, this is something that our team has no insight into the development process for. It is worth mentioning that based on the information i have, the Easymesh compatibility list is not comprehensive and a few are missing. 

With the release of Easymesh I think development was focused on the technologies implementation since its features overlap with the requests we had seen for OneMesh features. I have passed along the feedback to try and emphasize that the feature is wanted for these models.

Another thing that makes it difficult/take longer is that Gaming routers have a separate UI and are still supported by HomeCare rather than HomeShield, so it is most likely having to be developed separately from the traditional Archer routers.

Also. just for your information, mentioning that EasyMesh will not allow you to use routers as a part of any Mesh system; it will need to be an entire network supporting specifically easymesh. Mesh-focused technologies have features to improve the experience that are not a part of Easymesh. You will be able to use EasyMesh with other non-TP-Link EasyMesh routers though. 

Options
2023-09-04 08:28:53 - last edited 2023-09-04 08:49:34

@Riley_S

When TP-Link initially posted the list of compatible routers and made promises about Easy Mesh support, I'll admit, I felt a strong sense of trust in the brand. The inclusion of the AX11000, a router I had my eye on and had already purchased some time ago, was like a green light for me. But what happened next was nothing short of a shocker. TP-Link decided to pull the rug out from under us, and that has left me feeling not just disappointed, but downright betrayed and incredibly distrustful.

I mean, come on, the abrupt decision to yank support for the AX11000, and some other routers that had been on the "compatible" list for a good while, it's like they played with our emotions. It's infuriating, really. You make a promise, and then you break it after folks have invested their hard-earned cash. Who wants to stick with a company that treats its loyal customers this way?

I had grand plans to get TP-Link routers, not just for my place but for several different houses in my network. I was all set to start with my own place, and then expand. But after this debacle, I'm seriously second-guessing that plan. It's mind-boggling that a company can flip-flop on something they claimed should be a standard feature in all their routers.

And what makes it worse is that the AX11000 is still up for sale, and they did say it would support Easy Mesh. Now they're going back on their word? It's like they're playing a game of bait and switch with their customers.

This whole situation has left me with a deep sense of distrust, and it reminds me of why I switched from Samsung to LG TVs. LG consistently delivered on its promises, while Samsung seemed content to make its products obsolete by ignoring updates and stripping away features. Witnessing TP-Link follow a similar path is profoundly disappointing.

In conclusion, I want to stress the overwhelming feelings of betrayal and distrust that TP-Link's recent decision has triggered. I'm now seriously considering returning the AX11000, even though I purchased it some time ago, because what was promised was never delivered in terms of keeping support updated. I sincerely hope that TP-Link recognizes the gravity of this situation and takes immediate steps to rebuild the shattered trust among its loyal customer base.

I honestly haven't been so disappointed in such a company in a long time.

H

Options
2023-09-05 18:39:49

@heartspeace,

To start off, the AX11000 is still planned to receive the feature and is listed on easymesh compatibility page: https://www.tp-link.com/us/easymesh/product-list/

Compatibility is still in the works, and our team is not quite sure why it disappeared from the compatibility page for a few days. These firmware updates are still rolling out and there are other models that are still waiting on the compatability update.

We have gotten in touch with our development team and have confirmed that the feature is still in development for the model. However, I do have to mention that we do always recommend making purchases based on the models current feature set - there is always the possibility that the feature will hit a few speedbumps (although this is usually the case with more basic devices)

Is there somewhere else that says that the AX11000 will not receive the update?

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 1024

Replies: 13

Voters 7

+ 3 Voters