Votes

Dns-o-matic or custom Dynamic DNS provider option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-17 08:37:22 - last edited 2023-01-18 01:53:04

Can anyone confirm that newer TP-Link routers allow to use Dns-o-matic or custom Dynamic DNS provider, i.e. dynamic DNS providers aren't locked to just few choices?

It is a major pain to weasel around this limitation and I'm not willing to purchase another TP link product when there are limits on essential basics such as this.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dns-o-matic or custom Dynamic DNS provider option
2023-01-17 17:41:50 - last edited 2023-01-18 01:52:46

@BBRay,

I would recommend looking at the emulators for the devices you are looking to purchase. The emulators will allow you to see what options are available for each router, without requiring you to jump in head first.

You can see the list of available emulators here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/emulator/

Be aware that not every hardware version has an emulator, however, almost every router will have an emulator available for use.

If there is a specific provider or method of connecting a DNS that you would like to see, I would be more than willing to pass this feedback onto our development team for consideration.

Options
Re:Dns-o-matic or custom Dynamic DNS provider option
2023-01-17 18:17:20 - last edited 2023-01-18 01:52:46

@Riley_S 

Thank you Riley for emulator link, that will be helpful to try.

DNS-O-Matic would be ideal option to be added to dynamic DNS options. Router would send IP updates to DNS-O-Matic which in turn can update multiple services at once with a single update. I've been using it for years with other routers but once I got my TP-Link router got stuck due to limited and locked dynamic dns options.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.